Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Hidden Message





Vol 6 - Issue 4 The Hidden Message


I look up at the stars. I am amazed. The dark blanket of the sky, which scares most of us when it is a velvet black makes for an enchanting gaze for the eyes when jewelled by the glittering stars.

But it is not the beautiful sight that captivates me. I am overwhelmed by something else. The stars continue to twinkle even when no one is looking or praising them. The stars continue to sparkle even when the clouds blanket them. The stars continue to shine even when the rays of the sun overtake their meager shimmer. They don’t stop doing what they are created for. They are fulfilling their purpose and submitting to the will of Allah (swt) everlastingly.

In performing that purpose of sparkling, they not only beautify the darkness of the night, but also provide way to the lost travellers and drive away the Shaitan.

I remember the verse of the Quran, in which Allah (swt) says: “And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.” (Al-Mulk 67:5)

Also, in another place, it is said: “And landmarks (signposts, etc., during the day) and by the stars (during the night), they (mankind) guide themselves.” (An-Nahl 16:16)

I think of how purposeful is everything created by Allah (swt). Then, I think about the purpose of my creation. What am I created for? What am I supposed to do? Why did Allah (swt) choose to bring me into this world?

And then I remember: “And I (Allah) created not the Jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).” (Adh-Dhariyat 51:56)

If I am created for the purpose of submitting to the will of Allah (swt) and worshipping Him, and if I do it with all my heart, then the stars have a message for me.

The stars, while submitting to the will of Allah (swt), not only add value to themselves by becoming the jewel of the sky, but also make their unpleasant, dark surroundings spectacular. If I submit to the will of Allah (swt), I can be not only a gem myself, but I can turn my surroundings into beauty.

The stars, while submitting to the will of Allah (swt), are a source of help for the travellers lost on the obscure and path. I can also be a source of guidance and comfort for those on the wrong path, who are lost in the obscurity of the evils of the world, if I submit to the will of Allah (swt).

The stars, while submitting to the will of Allah (swt), drive away the Shayateen for the benefit of the mankind. If I submit to the will of Allah (swt), I can also counter the enemies of Islam for the benefit of the Ummah.

Allah (swt) has hidden messages for us not only in the stars that He has created, but in everything that He has shaped – the Sun, the moon, ants, bees, roads, trees, seas, mountains… everything. But it is for the eyes to search and not just to look, for the ears to listen and not just hear, and for the mind to ponder and not just accept unknowingly. Only then we will find the true path to success in this world and the Hereafter.



sumber dari: http://www.hibamagazine.com/category/past-issues/our-obligations-to-the-quran/

No comments:

Post a Comment